Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've just inherited a gorgeous '78 Nova Rally. My father in law had searched for years and finally found "the" Nova to replace the '77 that he had as a teen. (I believe the VINs even match) When he passed away recently it was left to my fiance and I. The car had been running, but he was tinkering with the timing at the time of his death. We would like to finish the project that he started, but are very new at this. I've been told that Haynes is the easier of the books to read and am looking into getting both that and the Chiltons. We have all the parts to finish the beauty before we have the car transported from PA to NC. We would also like to know of any local classic car clubs in the Raleigh area as we'd like to get more involved in promoting the preservation and appreciation of classic cars.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Welcome to the Team Jenifer!

Not sure if Hayes is any easier to understand than Chilton's. Both books where were written to help the end user to maintain their car. The books that were written by Helm were used by the techs to service and repair your car and have a lot of pictures and illustrations telling the service tech how to perform a procedure correctly and quickly (they where paid by a flat rate labor book).

Big Dave

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Haines and Chilton's are the exact same book anymore. They're both owned by the same company now. Almost word for word with the exact same illustrations. Kinda disappointing, actually.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just what all does the car need to be completed? I have some knowledge i've torn apart my 71 pretty much completely. I'm pretty open on the weekends if you ever need a helping hand on something i can help out with, i'm in the fayetteville area so shoot me a message some time if i can help out.

As for car clubs i'm still pretty new to the area and don't even have my nova here so i can't be much help there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts