Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My name is Dan Joy, been playing with Hot Rods my entire life. Grew up at my fathers automotive shop and at 75-80 dragway. Work on cars, trucks, motorcycles of all kinds. Have a lot of respect for anything that makes a lot of power. My father, brother and I do it almost all ourselves, from engine building, machining, welding, body work, turbos, superchargers, fuel injection tuning etc... I have had a nice 1971 El Camino for about 10 years that has been through many iterations. Currently it had an old comp eliminator 493 c.i. BBC built by my father and I, tremec 5 speed(soon to be replaced by a torque tube doug nash) and a strange dana 60. Still have that but it has become more of a race car I drive on the street. I've had my heart set on a 66 or 7 2dr hard top chevy II for a few years now. Wanted to build something to cruise with and put more than just myself and one other person in. After a couple years of looking, I found a perfect project for me to start with. I picked up a 67 chevy II 250 L6 coupe powerglide, 10 bolt car. Currently the car is complete but needs a good bit of TLC. Welding one new quarter on, new GM fenders, hood, and a couple patches in the floor will take care of the body. Going to stick with the 6 for now to do something different. Putting the tremec tko 600 out of the camino in the car with a 1966 12 bolt. Eventually I will put a front clip under it and probably an LS but for now I will hop up the 6 a bit and possibly put a turbo on it. Glad to be a member of your site and hope to find some good info and a bunch of parts.

-Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought I would post a few pictures of our cars and my new project.
This is my fathers 55 chevy, my El Camino, and my brothers GMC syclone.

My father 66 chevelle SS(owned since 1968) his 55 and my El Camino again.

Here is the new project. 67 chevy II 250 coupe. Just picked it up two weeks ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was my Great Great Grandmothers car that my brother and I pulled out cleaned up and tagged. Less than 22000 original miles. All 100% original including the tires.
1952 chevy 4 door deluxe 230 powerglide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.