Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have been reading a lot of the posts in here and I am pretty impressed. A lot of nice rides!
I own a '72 Rally Nova - 355ci Blown with a 142 blower. I am pretty much done with the powerplant (for now), mostly cosmetics and traction issues to address now. My goal is to build a cruiser that I can also take to the strip.

Pics of my ride can be seen here: http://groups.msn.com/SleepinSi/my72nova.msnw

·
Registered
627 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!

i guess we should start up a thread over here on all the members rides..i like to see pics of these cars

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard!! good lookin engine, what kind power you expecting to put down?
At least 200hp ... haha! I am not sure whatsoever. I hate guestimating figures, but I would like to see high 400's low 500's out of it. She was running consistent 13.5's @ 100 mph with 91 octane @ Bandimere (5280') prior to the blower. SOP Dyno says it is a hell of a lot faster now, so we shall see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Everyone! Yup Bandimere is in Denver. I am on the western side of the state so my home track is Western Colorado Dragway.

Does anyone know what the best deal for a bolt on 4" Cowl Hood? I really need to can this hoodscoop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello ,
I'm also new today, and i'm a nova nut. This looks like a fun and useful site. My nova is a 1972 ss, silver, black top w/skyroof. Its been pretty much a sunday driver for 15 years. I bought it in 1975 for $3200. When I retire , I am planning to take my sweet time and restore it. until then,I can do a few mods like, a new radiator, heater core, and redline tires. It still has the original rallys. I've been thinking maybe a 396 w/six-pac. The 350 six-pac thats in it now is a blast from the past. We don't have any drag strips here in alaska. So a fast run to the store is about as good as it gets. So, hello to everyone.:waving:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.