Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I just joined this site a little while ago. My name is Chris, and I am about to 21 in about the middle of May. I just recently bought my first Nova a few days ago.
I am happy to join this site to share my car, as well as get help from members or suggestions on certain things to do.

I look forward to good friendships and good times!

Cheers!

Here is a photo of it. Let me know if the image is too big for the forum.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Hi Chris, the car looks like a great project. If it was mine, I would rattle can the car with flat black / rat rod black until I could afford to get some new paint. My neighbor has a Camaro he did that with and it looks very good. Welcome, Jack

·
Super Moderator
17,540 Posts
Welcome to the team Chris!

I think a 1977 is the new 1969 as you are about the fourth guy to have one to join recently. Maybe we can start a trend, and maybe ... dare I suggest even get the repo industry to notice us.

Big Dave

·
Super Moderator
17,540 Posts
Dave they have noticed but will not invest yet. Classic Industries has a catalog of photos of parts they have tooled up to produce, going on the 3rd year and still no parts.
That makes no sense. Tooling is the biggest cost to making a part. It usually takes tens of thousands of parts to pay for a die to be made. So I can not understand someone making all of the dies and then sit on them. The only cost once you have the dies made up is the two shifts worth of labor it costs you to change out the dies (set-up time; plus the maintenance work on the die to dress the edges and inspect before storage) in the punch press; then it is just the cost of the steel to run through it.

I think someone is attempting to blow some smoke at a shinny surface in the hopes of distracting your attention.

Big Daveto just

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcoming guys. Yeah it's it pretty nice condition for which I bought it. Just had to do a little rewiring here and there. Just ordered a new driver side front floor pan due to part of it being rusted out, but I will have that in soon! Right now a sign is doing the job! But yea it isn't a bad looking model, I can't wait to get more done to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts