Chevrolet Novas Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name is Ryne and I'm the marketing guy over here at Schwartz Performance. We are nearing completion of a 1967 Chevy Nova project and I wanted to post some pics for you all to see and get your feedback.

You guys are the Nova experts. What do you think of this car?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Very nice work so far! We'll need to see more pictures to be sure though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
650HP LS7 is almost finished and ready to be installed![/QUOTE said:
I'm in LUST. Sweet...Jackel

·
Super Moderator
17,540 Posts
Welcome to the Team Ryne!

Sorry I missed your first post. Love the color, and kudos for some fine body work. Love the idea of a full frame, and even more the idea of a full frame with LS-x power. Hate the idea of you guys using a Ford nine inch rear end as it just promotes the myth of that rear end compared to the strength of a Dana 60 without the parasitic power loses.

I also note that your transmission cross-member is welded onto your powder coated frame which will make it difficult to upgrade your transmission choice in the future when what ever you are using (I assume it is a 4L65e) is replaced by another with a different mounting point (as occurred when the TH350 fell out of favor, and the 700R4 rose in popularity). As I see the Alison six speed out of the 'vette becoming more popular with time as the price of used units drops, and this car looks to be more show than go.

Also is that Yellow masking tape beneath the key in the trunk deck, or paint?

Big Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 9in is a Winters unit, as picked by the customer. We do offer Dana 60 rear-ends too though.

The trans going into the Nova will actually be a 6 speed T56 Magnum from Tremec Transmission. Shouldn't have a need to replace that piece.

That yellow is actually a tag attached to the key ring so we don't forget what the key goes too :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
What can I say, its an awesome build. Its just amazing what can be done with both money and talent. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That is a really nice ride !! Money can do just about anything these days. If you toss enough dough around, you can make anything better than factory. I love that full frame.
The wheels are really nice. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts