Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm newly signed up but have been reading the threads for a while.
I'm putting a factory style quarter panel on my 68. In the sail panel area there was a cushion of some kind on a mount. I chiseled off the old one - what do I replace it with, if anything ? Also what about the pins to retain the rear glass trim ? Thanks a bunch. :clonk:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
As far as the pins go, I've always just pop riveted those back in. That sponge thingy was an anti rattle device. There's a couple threads on our sister sight, Team Chevelle that deal with this. Go check 'em out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't replaced a Nova quarter, but it sounds like the foam prevents air and noise from the trunk from entering the passenger compartment. I would replace it with some kind of barrier. Body shop supply stores carry two-part expandable foams.
As far as mounting your trim clips, there are tiny screws made that screw in, bottom out and the part that sticks up looks like the original factory stud. I'm not sure where you can purchase these. They used to come in a package with factory replacement moldings.
I hope this helps you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.