Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1973 Chevrolet Nova Custom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Christian and I recently purchased a rusty 73 Nova! I'm going to need lots of advice and guidance as I'm only 26!
I started out as a kid watching what's called "Cruise Night" in my town. Seeing all the vintage vehicles putter up and down the street with an occasional display of power was
love at first sight. I never had the opportunity to purchase a vintage car as I was in school and had no way of funding a project. Now that I've grown up (somewhat) I'm beginning my own adventure into the world of restoration.

About the car, it's a 1973 Nova Custom. 307 with a THM350. Factory A/C too! Only things it's missing are the original wheels, the radio, and 1 hub cap ( 3 in the trunk). It sadly sat in a barn for 23 years and the engine has been seized ever since. She's full of rust and will probably need many new panels or a lot of bondo!

Thanks for reading!

Christian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
62NovaWagon,

When you say sheet metal instead of Bondo, do you mean cutting out the old and welding in the new? Followed by grinding down the welds to meet flush, etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I've been looking at classic industries for panels and other miscellaneous parts. Is there another place I should look that you know of? Gonna have to either learn to weld or find a welder buddy who will do it for beer and pizza!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts