Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a new gas tank for my 70. They have 2 listed here at ss396.com. I am assuming that I should go with the one that is strictly listed for a 1970 opposed to a 70-72.

Should I be looking into a new sending unit too? Yearone has one here : a tank, filler neck and sending unit setup for $250.

Would a new sending unit fix my broken gas gauge?

Thanks for the help
Jason

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
RVA SS said:
Would a new sending unit fix my broken gas gauge?
Jason
If the sending unit is the reason the guage doesnt work then replacing it will fix it.....however if it is not the reason the guage doesnt work then replacing it will not likely fix it...

·
Registered
160 Posts
1970 models used 2 different tanks, one with E.E.C. and one without. I have the without one on my '70 model, and it uses a vented cap. The one with E.E.C. (used on some 70 models, and all 71-72 models) has 3 vents at the top front, and uses a non-vented cap.

You gauge not working could be the sending unit if the wiring is faulty. I'd check your ground on the sending unit first before replacing it.

Derek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.