Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My name is rich from Cedar Rapids Iowa, Im 21 yrs old and i am addicted to Chevy Muscle. I have a 72 Nova (that i have had since age 15) It has a 331 with Victor Jr heads, .625 Roller cam, Th400 with a brake and Nos big shot.

here are some pics

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Novaguy73 said:
Rich, i think i met you at Lint's performance a few years ago when i was getting my Race Rites. Im out of Waterloo. My names Nick, I have an orange 73' Nova. Heres a few pics...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/754492

And some more...

http://www.msnusers.com/NicksCar/shoebox.msnw
Hey nick i remember you! I think you even called me 2 years ago, to go on power tour. I was out of town and didint get the message until a couple weeks later.

I didint have my car out at the nova nationals but I do have the bad habbit of doing burnouts
Too bad Hoosier doesent give quicktime pro's away. :D

Thanks for all of the positve comments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah i think i did give you a call. I ended up going by my self to P/T in Davenport. It was a great time. Hey in the spring/summer/fall is there any more drive ins at Be-Bops? I heard that they quit those and they have them somwhere else now??? Cool nova man. Who did the paint/body work?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i think i did give you a call. I ended up going by my self to P/T in Davenport. It was a great time. Hey in the spring/summer/fall is there any more drive ins at Be-Bops? I heard that they quit those and they have them somwhere else now??? Cool nova man. Who did the paint/body work?
Now everyone meets at the Advaced Auto Parts lot on Thursday nights, It has had some good turnouts and hopefully it will be even bigger next year.

Acutally i did all the paint and bodywork on it myself, I even paited it in our garage. (I made a makeshift paint booth out of Plastic, Furnace filters and box fans. The paint is far from perfect but when i started on it i knew nothing and by the time i finished i felt i could do bodywork relitvley well.

·
Registered
457 Posts
wecome rich ,you really have a nice looking nova

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of the postive comments,

But the rear tires are Hoosier Quick Time pro's and they are 28/11.5 15s they measure about 10.2 on tread width they are mounted on Weld Pro Stars 15 X 8 with a 5.5 backspace if i remember correctly. I have the rear shocks re located inward But the springs are still in the stock location. The fronts are 165 15s on a weld pro star 15 X 4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well actually I didint use that exact one, I made one (i used to work at a shop were i ran an Abrasive waterjet cutting machine) so i cut my own gussets out of mild steel and used a peice of 1 5/8 dom Tubing and welded the tube across my frame rails, then welded my gussets in place.

But that kit that comp engineering has does about the same thing and i beleve it uses a shock that is easyer to get. My shock has eyes on bottom and top, and i think the comp engineering kit uses an eye on bottom and a stud on top (just like the factory nova shock) so you dont have to look for and measure shock lenghts to make sure you get the correct one. But shortening it up shouldint be too tough. http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=21077&parentCategoryId=10075&langId=-1

This is more like what i used but I made custom tabs that i could mount at an angle. The first kit i gave you a link too, already has your upper shock mounts fixed so you dont have to worry about putting too much angle on on your shock (over 22* and the shock is no longer effective)

My car is 2 1/4 inches lower in the rear so i knew i was going to have to find a custom length shock anyways.

But if you can i would weld in your brace. Everything on mine is welded

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rich

OK, thanks! I like the Comp kit. I have actually run across someone using that same kit before on their Nova. It really worked nice. They too welded it in after shortening it a bit. Worked great and sure gave more room for tires.

Thanks again...And great lookin' Nova, man. :thumbsup:

Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts