Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 71 has a cracked dash facing down by the steering column. There is also a small hole that was drilled in it and the chrome letters and outlining is worn off. I cut it for a CD player but that doesn't bother me like the cracks and other problems. Does anyone make reproductions yet? My car was an AC car also. I have found some ok used ones but they don't have the vent opening on the left side by the door.
Thanks
Lewis

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Notstock71 said:
My 71 has a cracked dash facing down by the steering column. There is also a small hole that was drilled in it and the chrome letters and outlining is worn off. I cut it for a CD player but that doesn't bother me like the cracks and other problems. Does anyone make reproductions yet? My car was an AC car also. I have found some ok used ones but they don't have the vent opening on the left side by the door.
Thanks
Lewis
The only ones I have seen, as far as "reproductions" are concerned, are the ones from Covan's and IMO they are really a custom piece not a reproduction as they are not set up for the factory instrument cluster and are made to use aftermarket guages and their finsh is not factory.

http://covansclassic.com/parts/description.php?II=33&UID=2005101414025524.252.203.129

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Notstock71 said:
I have seen the ones for aftermarket guages but I want to use the factory stuff.

Thanks for the reply.
Lewis
I am pretty sure there isnt anyone making a factory type replacemnt piece. All of the repop places I have a cat. too if they show a dash at all they show the Covans piece. I wouldnt mind a new factory type dash either but NOS stiff is just too pricy for my blood. Maybe used might be the way to go???:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked at used but the overall condition of what I am finding is no better than what I have, minus the crack. They still want good money for them and I'd still have to have it redone. Hopefully someone will make them soon.

I have a friend with a 71 Skylark GSX clone and he needs a GS grille. Nobody makes new ones and good used or NOS ones bring $500-$1500. At least I'm not in that boat. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.