Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new Dell computer at work yesterday. They migrated me from Eudora for email to Outlook. All of my filters are gone, and all the mail is a mess in the inbox. Every program I try to open has to be configured again before I can do anything. I'm sure it will be great once it is all set-up again, but it is the process I hate while trying to be productive at the same time.

Randy (dude, I gotta Dell!):)

G

·
i have a Dell and almost every time i call 'em it's like the blind leading the blind... out of 4 times calling, they helped me fix it once... the other three i ended up telling them "if i do that, this is gonna happen" they say, "OH yeah, don't do that"

sheesh !!!

hope ya get r figgered out Randy... if ya want i can drive up there and do all yer set up for ya... with the push of ONE BUTTON :rolleyes: ;)

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
I remember when I had to change from DOS to windows, what a nightmare and then from Windows 3.? to Windows 95 another learning curve. After you adjust all will be well again :D
I am on my 4th Dell. I learned that it is better to just buy an upgraded model than to mess with changing them. My son has the previous one and the ex the one before that. I will be buying one for Mary soon. I had the service tech to the house 3 times making repairs on this one and as many tech calls prior to the service calls. They went out of thier way to keep this thing running and it turned out to be a problem with the darn printer, not the Dell.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is my third Dell at work. I have never really had a problem with any of them. I've gone from WinNT, to Windows 2000, to XP. This is my second XP machine, but it has a few more bells and whistles than the old machine had. The tech guys try to make the transition as smooth as possible, but they can't get everything just the way you want. First thing outta the chute this morning, I couldn't find my Secure CRT application. Without that, I can't work. Off to their office I go. I tell then I can't find it. They say that we're not using that anymore because we have to license it, we are using this other application that is free. :clonk: OK, that's fine, but I can't configure it the way I did the other application. Now I will have to figure out how to put the configuration I want in the profile so I will have it when it starts. It'll be great once I get it all setup the way I like again, it is just a bit of a headache in the meantime. Of course my first thing that HAD to be done was to load Webshots and get my steam engine wallpaper back up!!! Then I started getting stupid pictures of japanese gardens, horses, and puppies!!:eek: Deleted the sample album, and the wallpaper was just what I like to see. A steam engine belching forth pillowy clouds of black smoke and steam!:rolleyes:

No, Johnny, I'm not Johny Nuke 'em. Although I appreciate the offer, I don't think I want you doing the "one button" configuration for me!:sad: :D

I'll get it there, if work would just stop getting in the way!!

Oh, I also stapled instructions for one configuration to my wall. I wasted over an hour looking for these stupid instructions!! I will have them handy next time!!:D

Randy (got duel flat screens too!!):D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DANNO said:
I have some of those, too. Mainly the narrow gauge ones that I have ridden.

Dan (choo choo chug chug):waving:
And you haven't shared these photos with the class because....?:D
I assume that the narrow gauge you have ridden are right there in Colorado? One of my coworkers belongs to a group that is modeling one of the narrow gauge operations in Colorado. The name of the line escapes me now, but I think it is in the area of Durango/Chalmers. I may be totally off because my memory seems to be getting very rusty lately!;) It is now a defunct line, but there is still many of the buildings intact. They make treks to Colorado every so often to measure different things so their models are exact, and to scale.:eek:

Randy (ready for a train ride!):D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts