Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

New Air shocks will NOT lift with my compessor???

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Schurkey 
#1 ·
Just bought a set of Air Shocks with separate air lines for each shock because my body has a slight bend in it that can't be straightened, so the LT rear bumper is 3/4 lower than the RT side. Separate lines lets me even the back end equally.

So, that being said, my garage compressor will not raise even one shock more than 1/4 inch. The gas station 25 cent compressor won't raise it either.

Any suggestions??? THANKS....Team Nova is a great help to ALL of us so thanks especially to all the staff workers that keep us going.

#3 ·
On my 73 with the old style Gabriel Hijackers I have to take the floor jack and put it under the front spring eye and lift that side up to where the tire is almost off of the ground, then air up that side then do the same to the other side. I even have the Mr Gasket Shock extensions on top.

Maybe too, are your shocks the right length ?.

I also put a neat setup on my 68 called the Jac Pac 175 made by Delco. This setup does raise the car some but I mostly put it in for keeping the car level and being able to adjust things with the trunk full or empty.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXgM-ag9nXA"]Delco Jac Pac 175 Air Adjustable Shock System Installation into a 1968 Nova - YouTube[/ame]

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.