Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going with a friend tommorow to look at a 71 nova . any tips on what to look for bad, good, what to stay away from? thanks grovey

·
Registered
52 Posts
look for rust in the lower 1/4 panels and around the front and rear windows. crawl under and check your floor pans.
also look in trunk and make sure the floor pan is smooth and no big crinkles from being rearended and repaired? alot of times they hang new quarters but dont fix the frame!!!
and if it's going to be something to drive right away and not a project check under the dash and see how much wiring you will have to do!
thats about all i can think of other then motor stuff ??

·
Registered
938 Posts
Check the front of the subframe. If the car was in a hard front end hit and bent one of these you may never be able to get it aligned properly with out forking our cash for a new front sub frame. As for rust the windows frames, rear frame rails, inner wheel housings, roof and lower firewall are the areas you can not get sheet metal for. Bonus things to look for are front disk brakes, factory rear sway bars, Posi rear end, and factory floor shifter. As for bucket seats and center console these are kinda personal preference Items. These would be some of the things I would look at for a project car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looked at the car. it's not bad.6cyl car, had new 1/4's on it ,the ones without the sail panel . nice bench seat interior . new mild 327, th350. peg leg rear, 15" rallies ,bumpers are off and not good shape.floors and trunk good, still needs bodywork on 1/4's and couple other places and paint,and assembled. wants 5500.00 as it sets . what do you think? trying to help my buddy find one, but don't want him to jump on the first car we look at. the way i figure he'll end up with a nice $10,000 6cyl car if he buys it with the bodywork,paint and bumpers and trim. grovey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts