Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '68 Camaro convertible that had subframe but no front metal. clip. Am hanging sheet metal now and have found the front bumper brackets do not line up with existing bracket holes on the frame rails. I am thinking I might have a Nova subframe. Can anyone give me the part number(s) for the Nova subframe and the location of the part number on the frame?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny Glasgow
Friendsville, TN

·
Registered
25 Posts
Danny, I can't speek for 3rd gen Nova clips - which would be comparable to the 1st gen Camaro - but I don't believe there is a p/n stamped on the 62-65 Nova clip. Don't know if that helps you any.

·
Registered
19 Posts
67 68 69 camaro, and 68 through 72 nova will interchange. Slight differences, but not enough to throw off your bumper holes.
Make sure you have plenty of braces welded in the body to keep your dimensions. Without a roof, things tend to move.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been seeking help on the Team Camaro site. I took an original bumper bracket off my '67 and it matches the '68 exactly. From what I have learned the 67 and 68 brackets are identical. The 69s have identical frame mounting holes but different bumper mounting holes. The frame is not bent/warped, etc. I have come to the conclusion that it is a Nova frame. I am going to hang the rest of the sheetmetal then replace the quarters and trunk pan. Once done, I will pull the subframe out and see what part numbers I can come up with on the control arms, steering gears, etc.

Thanks for your help

Danny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts