Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my 69 Nova SS to run a number I'm satisfied with...:)

407 CU IN (SCAT rotating kit)
AFR 210's
CC XS282S (flat solid tappet)
Holley 950 Commander MPFI
1 7/8 headers/3 inch exhaust
TKO 600 5 speed
4.11 gears
Tri City Superstock Springs
215/60-14 BFG Drag Radials.

Launch at 3000 rpm clutch drop, shift at 6500 and thru the lights at 6700 rpm. Exactly how a muscle car should be. :)

My previous best with a different combo was 13.6's...on street radials.

The car is a different animal and a blast to drive. Love that Tremec...shifts are quick and solid...and then I drove home at 2400 rpm at 70 mph. :)

Super happy with the setup...I'm sure there is more in the car, but I'm pretty satisfied...for awhile. Ha.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats!
MPH shows a good 3-5 tenths still left on the table if you wanna launch a little harder and bang the gears quicker, maybe even high 11s. But still good show!
Driving them home after ripping off good times is a part of the experience I enjoy, especially if it's late that night :D

Derek

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

It has been a bit of a journey.

I think the launch could certainly be improved, but the shifts are as hard as I can muster-the videos show quite a snap and you can hear all 3 shifts down the track-love the sound. I dare not powershift...just too much $ under the floor boards...100 hp nitrous will be my next addition-wanted to use a dry shot with the Holley, but I don't think it will be possible.

Love that Tremec...and EFI-so fun to tweak with such a rowdy cam.

:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have also included the day before was a visit to a chassis dyno at Blood Enterprises in Auburn, Washington.

They have a Mustang 250 dyno for what it is worth (read conservative).

11 runs with a best of 341 WHP and 366 WTQ.
Max test rpm was 6700.
I have to mention the reproduction OEM air cleaner that I run only cost me 5 WHP on the topend (it does contain a K+N). I was surprised...with only two small oval snorkels I was expecting a significant drop.

My previous experience was on a Mustang 1750 with a hydraulic cam...273 WHP. A good jump in power for sure...

Now hopefully a 100 hp of nitrous will get into the 11's easily.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts