Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks Louis. I'm ready to bring it back home. Painter says a couple weeks. It's painted, cut and buffed. I will post more pictures in a couple of days. I have to hand it to body men,that's a lot of hard work. Just wish I had the skill to have painted it. I was lucky to have had a good friend to recommend my painter. I hope next week to put the subframe and rear back underneath it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I am taking my time louis. This project has taken me several years. I figure I have a couple more. Im trying to make it the way I want. Louis do you have any pictures for us to see?

·
Registered
13 Posts
take your time but when you fire it up for the first time it its gonna give you the spark to get er done. I just got my ecm gremlins out and im telling you i drove it up and down the road for the first time and im pumped up and ready to make progress. great lookin project!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Can anybody give me some ideas on the fuel pump side of the project. I was originally going with a big block, I decided to go ls after I bought my tank. Just need some ideas on wwhat to do.
Thanks in advance
Marc

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my tank from rock valley with the LS pump in it. stock steel tank that they added to. if u havent put any fuel in it yet maybe ask these guys if they can do this for you. rockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com. also a place in el paso texas ricks i think. i had a tpi engine before with an external pump. it worked fine but very noisy and tank not baffled so it starves for fuel around 1/4 tank when cornering.If use external pump place close to tank as they push better than they pull. unless you are good with making fittings on hard lines (im not) buy braided stainless line and connections and make your own fuel lines. really easy and looks good. even the EFI rubber hose not trustworthy. I tried it both ways and am pleased with the stainless braided. i used the corvette filter regulator and placed it near fuel tank. i dont know if u have return on fuel rail or not. mine was a truck motor and single line to fuel rails.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I have bought a ricks tank. Maybe Ill contact them to see if they can modify it. I purchased a walboro pump with a corvette filter. Brent did you have your pump insulated
With anything? Mine is a lq9 truck motor, ive changed the intake to a ls2. My question is what holds fuel pressure after it has sat for awhile? Does the regulator hold the pressure?
Any help will be appreciated
thanks again
Marc

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a small sheet of rubber between pump and its mount. still loud.as far as what holds the pressure. as soon as you turn on switch the external pump energizes and brings up the pressure. im guessing the pump needs to be before the filter/regulator just as it is when in tank. my guess.
if u have these parts maybe use them just your decision. if go carb engine later better not to have pump in tank as 60 psi too much for carb. I've done it both ways both work. what about engine harness u using. I had street and performance build mine and use gm 121 ecm bcuz of vvt. initially tried chasing down problems for a while only to find out vvt was programed out and they had to reflash with vvt but all is well now.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts