Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I have left to be done is the interior carpet, headliner, and get it wet sanded and buffed

Well heres the pics so far (1 year and 5 months into it) Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looks real nice and real clean. Interesting interior and dash. I like it. What are the specs for the engine and drive train?

Also an interesting color scheme on the grille. cool.

/M

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks real nice and real clean. Interesting interior and dash. I like it. What are the specs for the engine and drive train?

Also an interesting color scheme on the grille. cool.

/M
I have a paper here that the guy who built the motor wrote up for me (sorry if some of the things are spelt wrong, its hard to read his handwriting)

Its a 406 with: Modular 3.75 stroke crank, Eagle 5.7 rods, Forged flat top trw pistons, comp cams roller cam, roller lifters, roller timing set, melling high volume oil pump, dart cylinder heads, comp cam roller rockers, SPE stud girdle, edellbrock air gap intake, b&m SFI flywheel, SFI balancer

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, i got this as my 19th birthday present from my brother after about 5 years of begging lol

I have an appointment for the carpet and headliner tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That thing look's GREAT! Good job! I noticed the air cleaner lid, my father-in law was telling me why he took his off. (67 Chevelle) He was telling me that if by chance the motor sneezes that same air cleaner lid has been known to catch on fire. After the GREAT work you did, I wouldn't like to here about it. The other thing we were talking about was the CLEAR see thought plugs (float level) for Holley carbs, people have had them break and leak fuel till it is to late. JMO! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, so I have an appointment to get my interior done on Monday and can pick it back up Friday!! I'll take pictures of the install process (like I do with almost everything lol). I got a really good deal with this guy and I hope it turns out the way I want it. Total price including install is 1100 and that includes: tint (5%), alarm system, full custom made interior capret, custom headliner, custom trunk carpet, and installing my speekers and kickplates.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quick question about the black front trim on the hood and around the headlight? Was it painted normally? A Base/Clear paint job? And did you do anything to the original metal/chrome or just paint right over it?

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Trim comes chrome, I sanded it pretty good and painted it with primer then black paint and then a semi gloss top coat. If you look around the side windows you can see that, that trim is also black.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts