Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not one with the "touring", as big wheels and big money dont tickle my fancy (no offense to anyone). I do however enjoy modern performance with a classic car, and thought I would share my build. Thanks to Chris Anderson for some SWEET pics too!

Body:
All steel- shaved moldings, emblems, and antenna
Global West subframe connectors

Engine:
383 Stroker
9.1-1 comp
Mild bumpstick (.480 lift)
Stock Vortec heads
Dual plane intake
750 Holley DP

Transmission:
Steve Sharp TH350
Continental 2800 stall converter
B&M Star Shifter

Front End:
Custom rack and pinion steering
Custom shock tower brace
CPP mini subframe
CPP upper control arms
CPP coil overs
CPP 13" big brakes
Hellwig 1 1/8" sway bar

Rear End:
Currie Ford 9" housing and axles
Nodular third member
Detroit Locker
3.70 gear ratio
Ford Explorer disc brakes
Multileaf springs with urethane bushings
CE 3-way adjustable shocks
Addco 3/4" sway bar

Exhaust:
Hedman headers
Thrush turbo mufflers

Wheels/Tires:
Front- 17 x 7 Vintage Wheel Works V48
Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec 215-45-17
Rear- 17 x 8 Vintage Wheel Works V48
Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec 245-45-17

Interior:
Nothin special!

Electrical:
Mostly original

Sound system:
My engine

Performance
1/8 Mile: 7.80 @ 89 mph
1/4 Mile: 12.27 @ 110 mph
.90g cornering

·
Registered
2,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Well Bryan that is one sweet ride and a 0.90 g turn in an econo box is impressive indeed as with the stock suspension I doubt if you could hold a 200 foot circle at much speed at all.

Haven't I seen your car in Chevy Rumble or one of Primedia's mags?

Big Dave

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Well with what you have here you are guaranteed coverage in Popular Hotrodding as all they request is a decent photo (and those more than qualify). With what you have built I can assure you someone would come to write an article on the car. Don't forget the Little Buckaroo who left Peterson Publishing (ed of Super Chevy and Popular Hot Rodding, Tech ed of Car Craft, etc.) and formed his own publishing company in Dayton, TN.

Chevy Rumble
Buckaroo Communications, LLC
297 Main St Ste 100
Dayton, TN 37321

To contact the former Peterson Publishing which became the former Primedia now owned by Source Interlink Media, Inc.

Send Your Editorial Contributions To:

Fill In your Favorite title ( example HOT ROD MAGAZINE)
6420 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048-5515
Editorial policy:

All contributions are welcomed, but editors recommends that contributors query first.
Contribution must be accompanied by return postage, and we assume no responsibility for loss or damage thereto. Manuscripts must be typewritten on white paper, and all photographs must be accompanied by captions. Photo model releases required on all persons in photos. (Fill In your Favorite Title) reserves the right to use material at its discretion, and we reserve the right to edit material to meet our requirements. Contributor's act of mailing contribution shall constitute an express warranty that the material is original and no infringement on the rights of others.

Big Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bryan,

Sweet ride I like it a lot!

Question for you. I used to use Steve Sharp years ago (back in the late 90's) to build my trannys and was always happy. Then one day his number was disconnected and I couldn't ever track him down. Do you have any contact info for him or how I might go about getting in touch with him?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bryan,

Sweet ride I like it a lot!

Question for you. I used to use Steve Sharp years ago (back in the late 90's) to build my trannys and was always happy. Then one day his number was disconnected and I couldn't ever track him down. Do you have any contact info for him or how I might go about getting in touch with him?

Thanks,

Tom
Hi Tom,

I bought mine through California Discount Warehouse. Talk to Rocky and tell her Bryan Fargo sent you.:yes: 562-941-5781

1 - 10 of 10 Posts