• Trailer Queen or to car shows only

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muscle Car Drivers

7K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  Nova72 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering how often you Drive you Rides..I only drive mine on the weekends when i can..only if the weather is good..and im also working on restoring some cars for my sons..Thank-you for reading my Thread, and will be waiting for your responce.:thumbsup:

#4 · (Edited)
Way back in the 80’s (high school days), my daily was a 69 GTO. I still miss that car. Since then I have had a convertible Corvair Corsa, 59 Apache (327, and th400 swapped out of a 67 Impala), and 66 Datsun roadster. All got used rain or shine

Now I have a rusty 65 Nova 2 door post. It will stay in the garage, and slowly be improved. I might take it out once a month of so in the Fall/Winter, and weekends only in the spring and summer. It is truly a fair weather car, as it should be ever squirreler then the Apache was in the rain (I have no desire to find out).

The Nova – Borg Warner t10, SBC 350 w/large journal 327 crank, bored .040 over, mildly ported Eldbrock pri preformer heads, and an isky 520 roller = side ways in da rain.

#8 ·
I picked in pieces and only weekends. I have to say when its done I will only drive it when the weather is nice. I don't call chance of showers bad weather. Also I will not be taking it on jobs since when I drive to a job I normally rack up 1500 miles over 2 weeks. Since I'm on the road traveling for my job around 75% of the year that takes away 9 months of driving the car. Bad weather will take away another of the remaining 3 months easily. Then the need for a truck will take some more time out of the last two months. Then take another 2 weeks out of that for time sent adding additional performance parts to the car. So I might get 30 various days throughout the year to drive it by the end of it all.

#19 ·
Mine is still in parts, but will be driven when ever the weather permits. I won't drive it to work because of the deer on the road at 4:00am, and the idiots at work that don't know how to park. Its not painted yet, and probably won't be this year, but I don't want door dings up and down the side. I have an attitude problem with people that don't respect others property.:mad:

Don

G
#21 ·
mine's gonna be a daily driver... providing i won't need ta be out of sight... i won't be able ta go to the market or the mall or anything, i figger it'd last 5 minutes and some jerk would steal it... but i do intend on using as much as possible...

#22 ·
Shifty-One said:
but i do intend on using as much as possible...
Plan some road trips with a group of friends. Our club does that once a year to some place several hours away (Black Hills of SD, Four Corners, etc.) and stay a few days. It's a fun way to exercise the ol' Nova.

Dan (and check out new restaurants!);)

G
#23 ·
i'm "hoping" ta do just that Ol'Danno... i already have a few road trips planned... the gasoline situations gonna be the biggest PITA though... but i'll get through it... i'm hoping the first year ta have maybe 4000 miles on the Ol'Flyer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.