How often do you drive your Rides?

• Trailer Queen or to car shows only

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
G

·
mine's gonna be a daily driver... providing i won't need ta be out of sight... i won't be able ta go to the market or the mall or anything, i figger it'd last 5 minutes and some jerk would steal it... but i do intend on using as much as possible...

· Registered
301 Posts
Shifty-One said:
but i do intend on using as much as possible...
Plan some road trips with a group of friends. Our club does that once a year to some place several hours away (Black Hills of SD, Four Corners, etc.) and stay a few days. It's a fun way to exercise the ol' Nova.

Dan (and check out new restaurants!);)

G

·
i'm "hoping" ta do just that Ol'Danno... i already have a few road trips planned... the gasoline situations gonna be the biggest PITA though... but i'll get through it... i'm hoping the first year ta have maybe 4000 miles on the Ol'Flyer ;)

· Registered
7 Posts
Mine's been a few of those. It started out my daily driver. Drove it through High school and College, then I raced it alot, and now, I drive whenever I get the chance.

I did'nt vote, because I don't know which to choose?

· Registered
12 Posts
I put down daily driver or when I can.

I guess I drive mine when I want to and then again when I can becuase I enjoy working on it just as much so it spends a lot of time in the garage up on jacks.

· Registered
32 Posts
My Nova is kept either in a climate-controlled sealed building or air conditioned enclosed trailer, and will only see the light of day when it's scheduled to appear at a large, important car show. And only if the weather will be near-perfect. When displayed, we set up chrome stanchions with red velvet rope all around this beautiful automobile, as we don't want any common folk getting their sticky fingers near this car. When we're at a three-day car show, we'll leave the car outside, providing the weather will be clear, and incapsulate the Nova in a weatherproof bag with individual vinyl wheel covers, plus we have a hired armed security guard sit by the car throughout the night. If there's even a threat of rain or a storm, the car is quickly moved to the nearby trailer to protect it. I've owned this Nova for about 8 years, and have yet to log over 3 miles on the car, which only is driven on and off the trailer, and into its home based storage facility. I love the car, but wouldn't think of ever taking it for a cruise like you guys, for fear of scratching it or causing damage that would effect the value of this fine automobile. But, I wouldn't call it a "trailer queen" which in itself lacks any class or distinction, but rather an "enclosed classical mechanical treasure" would be more suitable.

Yeah, right! Of course, those who know me, are aware that I'm spinning another yarn here, and have no use for the trailer queenies! I drive my Nova whenever time allows, whether it's going for a cruise, car show, or just going to beat the snat out of it for a little drive to satisfy that "urge" you know what I mean?

· Registered
67 Posts
I don't know if my Nova qualifies as a muscle car, but I drive it every day. Work, parts, store, pick up kids from school.....etc.No A/C, no heat, no power anything, but I still enjoy driving it every day!!:hurray:

G

·
even a two month old baby has muscles... our little 6 banger chevy II's have muscles... they just don't all know it yet ;)

· Registered
128 Posts
Johnny wants to hit 160 with the flyer. When he does, I want to pass him!!:eek:

The Nova will never be a daily driver again. As much as I like Bricks trailer queen story, I don't see the fun in owning such a car. It will probably be a driven whenever I can car. With the price of gas, that is going to depend on how long the loan process at the pump takes!:boring:

Randy (Hey Mario, can I borrow yer plane??):D

· Registered
3 Posts
Last Weekend we entered an indoor 2 day car show with the Nova. I placed the car in " Street Machine Class", and took 2nd.
The 3rd place, car came on a trailer, the 1st place pushed in as well.
What is a street machine if you don't drive it. Mine gets an average of 6,000 miles a year, and the paint/body has about 30K on it since the restore.
I put in a vintage air II kit, not for looks, but it gets darn hot in the summer driving around.
If you ever felt the heat generated by a 500+ SB, you know what heat is. Double insulated floor/firewall, and it will still roast your feeties if you don't have air. Warming some pavement at 60MPH

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.