Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,i just recetly picked up a rebuilt wide ratio mucie,as this is a mainly a street cruiser i opted for this setup,my question is the car is a automatic car right now,and i want to buy the "ram" brand hydrolic throw out bearing and hook up a hydrolic clutch maily becase i dont want to mess around with all the linkage etc. is there a clutch/brake pedal assybly available with the master/slave setup attached to the pedals or any other configuration that will work available? i really need this info so if anyone else out there did a swap simalar to this,please give me your input thanks!!!

Dan-70novadisease :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I modified an ATS bracket to hold a Tilton master, then ran a teflon line to the hydraulic t/o. The trick is figuring out how much movement the clutch needs to release fully and making sure the master can supply the bearing to accomplish that. You don't want to go too large on the master diameter either as it increases the pedal pressure needed to work the clutch.

The rod for the master goes through the firewall exactly where the clutch rod would, so no cutting. The bracket bolts behind the master, between the brake master and firewall, and then extends down to mount the clutch master.

The above setup would work with your stock clutch pedal and arm.

Jody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.