Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! While I do not own a Nova, I am using a Nova-based motor mount in a Jeep YJ swap.....and have a question. I swapped a 4.8 Vortec into my YJ, using a Trans-Dapt SBC bolt in cradle and adaptor plates. Ended up having to modify the cradle to clear the oil pan (no issues there), but as I am finishing the driveline I noticed something. The mount itself seems to be twisted downward based on my present driveline angle, according to the parallel pieces of molded rubber. Trans-Dapt says this mount is from a 65-66, and I can't find any pictures anywhere of one installed and in use to verify. I attached a picture of my setup, mount is in the top right corner of the photo. Can get a better pic if needed. I can shim up the trans mount, but I'm curious if those pieces are set that way on purpose by GM to facilitate driveline angle. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,471 Posts
That mount was used in many GM vehicles but never like that. It was designed to have the bolt supported along its length by the frame bracket. In this application it appears to only be supported at the ends. Post some more photos, if possible one from below showing both ends of the bolt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts