Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I suggest that the new post indicators be changed?

I don't know if I'm the only one here who experiences this, but I can't easily and quickly tell the difference between the new-post and the no-new-post indicators on the forum list. Those little black Ns are hard to notice and the animation stops after a few seconds.
(no new)
(new)

For me, it would be much easier to find new messages if the difference was more pronounced by a difference in color like most other disuccion forums use.

Frankly, just animating it isn't working for me. :( That's my only complaint with the entire site.

Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Re: May I suggest that the new post indicators be changed?

Click on the new post button on navigation bar it brings up all unread (for you) new posts.

·
Administrator
537 Posts

Well, if that's your only complaint, then I guess we better try fixing it up. :)

I modified the color of the "no new" to match the forum so it blends in.

hope that helps.

Al

G

·

i'd have used little thermo-nuclear mushroom clouds as a "new post" indicator :rolleyes:

and little wiped out buildings as "no posts" :eek: :eek: :D

but then again... the crossed flags're nice too ;) :D

·
Registered
840 Posts

SHIFTY4 said:
i'd have used little thermo-nuclear mushroom clouds as a "new post" indicator :rolleyes:

and little wiped out buildings as "no posts" :eek: :eek: :D

but then again... the crossed flags're nice too ;) :D

Maby just the mushroom cloud for Johhny's posts, at least it would be wel fitting:waving:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Al said:
Well, if that's your only complaint, then I guess we better try fixing it up. :)

I modified the color of the "no new" to match the forum so it blends in.

hope that helps.

Al
Perfect! Thank you very much. I had been using the New Posts button, but I much prefer to browse the forum list instead.

My only other complaint has to do with certain shifty (is that spelled right, I think that f needs to be a t ;)) personalities that hang around here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Philip said:
I saw the change and was wondering who had complained about it, shoulda known it would be Brent :D Actually it is much easier to pick out.
When I'm right, I'm right. The hard part is getting you guys to realize it. :waving:

G

·

HEY !!! are ya tryin' ta say i'm a Sh!tty guy ???

thas not nice :(

;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

SHIFTY4 said:
HEY !!! are ya tryin' ta say i'm a Sh!tty guy ???

thas not nice :(

;)
What makes you think I was talking about you?? I did use "personalities" in plural. :clonk: Anyone else feel like incriminating themselves too?? Damn the 5th amendment all to hell. :hurray:

G

·

well i'll ask my Doctor if i'm cured... if not ??? me, me, me and him are upset :(

hehehehe :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts