Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to remove the slop from my manual steering box? It's not bad, but I'd like to eliminate it if possible.

G

·
Dave, loosen the lock nut on the cover... have yer trusty helper "gently" turn wheel back and forth (not really turning, just the slop) and you tighten the set screw "Maybe a turn or just a half" and then lock down the jamb nut... don't over tighten the set screw...

yer gonna feel resistance on the screw as yer helper's turning wheel... you'll know what i'm sayin' as yer doing it... do not over tighten...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shifty-One said:
Dave, loosen the lock nut on the cover... have yer trusty helper "gently" turn wheel back and forth (not really turning, just the slop) and you tighten the set screw "Maybe a turn or just a half" and then lock down the jamb nut... don't over tighten the set screw...

yer gonna feel resistance on the screw as yer helper's turning wheel... you'll know what i'm sayin' as yer doing it... do not over tighten...
Thanks Johnny, er I mean ****ty-One, oops I mean Shifty-One :D

G

·
maybe the name change was a mistake...

HEY AL !!!! can i get some back up here ???

anyone ???

hello ???

CRAP !!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
novaboy009 said:
What the heck are you turning the steering wheel for Dave? To get the car pushed up onto the trailer hehehehe?

Kev (Trailer queen :p)
Well, that and to turn into the staging lanes :p

G

·
they're all just cheap alias's i grabbed out of a box... ya'll bag on me cause i LET ya ;)

instigator/instigatee

same difference ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts