Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a power brake booster for a '70 Nova. I've seen them listed for Camaros and Chevelles but not Novas. I would think that an 11 inch booster would be interchangable for the 3 models. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
938 Posts
The booster should work just fine, but I think they changed the master cylinder and prop. valve in 1970. Some one who knows a little more might want to clarify this a little better as I'm going off of memmory of what I have seen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1969 nova it originally had manual brakes,but my master cylinder had two fluid bowls.
So what I did is went to my local junk yard granted this junk yard they only keep the cars for a month then they are crushed so I know there is a good chance that there might be a car out there that is still fresh.
I walked around and found a 1972 oldsmobile station wagon that had a new booster and master cylinder.
I paid $35 dollars for it took it home I removed my old master cylinder bolted my new booster and master cylinder to my fire wall I used the original proportion valve and brake lines bled the brakes and had know problems it stops on a dime granted it does have four wheel disc brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts