Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed new wheels and tires on my 1968 nova. Fronts fit great, rears have a slight clearance issue from tire to fender. Rears are 18x9.5 with 5.75" BS on 275/40/18 tires. I previously had already trimmed the fender back approximately 1/8 of an inch. Looking for ideas to get more clearance other than new wheels and tires lol. From the pics does it look like I could trim the fender lip back anymore? I know another option is to raise the rear a little bit but that would defeat the purpose of my Hotchkis lowering leaf springs. Is there enough fender lip left that I could roll them for enough clearance. They are not touching the tires as of now but there is literally only about a popsicle stick worth of clearance. First ³ pics are passenger side, last 3 drivers side...any help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,383 Posts
Looks like you roll the fenders a bit more, but not sure if you could get enough to allow for suspension travel, might be able to if you have a fairly stiff ride???

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've watched a few videos on the fender rolling with the heat gun. I was wondering if since my fender lips or already cut some there may not be enough left to even roll them now? or maybe I could cut them more but not sure how much more could safely be cut.

Looks like you roll the fenders a bit more, but not sure if you could get enough to allow for suspension travel, might be able to if you have a fairly stiff ride???

·
Super Moderator
7,383 Posts
Well, it's definitely tight and it would be a chance to take, not sure if I'd want to do it, lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up trimming the fender lip back a little more. Not has much clearance as I would like but I think it will work. I'll drive it like this for a while to see if it rubs. Looks to be about 1/8" I could mill off the wheel pad if necessary also.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts