Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be having more reason to drop in and visit here as I start fine tuning and whiping this '72 into shape...

This ones gonna be keeping my Camaro Company in the garage at night...

·
Registered
627 Posts
looks like it just got painted at least the white film everywhere is from a typical body shop..looks like you have a few things to do

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya it was painted about a year ago... I hope the residue isn't too baked on! Hay Tony - that moniker may stick. :beers:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome to the site. At least you don't have as far as I do to get a finished product. Mine is a complete every nut and bolt removed work of art in progress!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1slow7t said:
Congrats again Dennis.:D What about the Camino?
How's my PR friend doing? You should have kept your TC screen name over here. The pic gave it away, all though it took a minute to sink in...

I should have kept the El Camino but needed something with more people room. I replaced it with a Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 which has turned out to be a great small truck. After Oct my daughter will be driving herself to school in the wifes Impala and the wife and I will switch off between the Colorado and the Nova.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gloryhound said:
Welcome to the site. At least you don't have as far as I do to get a finished product. Mine is a complete every nut and bolt removed work of art in progress!
This ones going to be a part time driver for the next couple years. I look forward to hearing about your progress and seeing the finished project... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Philip said:
Glad to have you here Dennis. Nice looking Nova. Maybe the next addtion to the garage should be blue :)
Hi Phil - When we moved to SJ I had a white '96 2500 and a white '90 Dodge. I got rid of the 2500 and got the white '69 ragtop and a white '90 F150. Then got rid of the dodge and got a blue Malibu, got rid of it and the F150 and got a red 2000 Impala and white '86 El Camino. Now we have a red Colorado, Impala, Nova and of course the white '69 Camaro. I'll push for a blue Camaro in 2008 or 2009 ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
DjD said:
You should have kept your TC screen name over here. The pic gave it away, all though it took a minute to sink in...
LOL, Carried the screen name from stevesnovasite. Know what? The Nova is the first of my project cars, which my Wife enjoys driving. She sure likes the Camaro, but says it draws too much attention on the street.:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought I'd bring this back to life and post some progress pic's... Today, I got the grill all together, worked on the interior some (steering wheel, new ignition and door locks, fixed the drivers door window regulator, pulled the drivers door off and replaced the hing pins and bushing) and I've already put the trunk in order with a new seal and a good cleaning. Swapped the black ralleys with some silver ones and derby caps. Also did an initial cleaning under the hood but don't have money for valve covers right now so real detailing will wait... I'll try to take a few more pic's to show progress. It's coming along and so far less than $400 spent (mostly on grill trim parts...)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Derek - I like them, the guy down the street has a Cameo pickup and a '65 Vette in his garage so to most it's a toss up...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Chris - Thanks, I think the owner started with a decent car but replaced a lot of stuff like the chrome bumpers and grill. All signs show it's got orig fenders and quarters. It's getting new floors this week, they were bad but the rust didn't encroach on the rockers, tunnel or under the front or rear seat. It was just bad where feet would go...

I think the car was not given a lot of respect by it's driver and passangers, the guy I bought it from thinks it was a rental car. Rubber mats instead of carpet and no sig lighter. I think he has a POP for me that may support that too...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts