Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm fairly new here, I like this site ALOT, I've got a 77 nova with,350 4 bolt main,polished crank,bored .030,ballanced, forged steel rods,forged flat top speedpro pistons,pro topline heads 220cc\80cc ports,2.20\1.60 undercut valves,.488\.510 cam 308\318 duration,crane full roller rockers 1.6 ratio,770 holley street avenger,Holley electric fuel pump (BLUE) and adjustable regulator,edelbrock rpm air gap intake,1" aluminum spacer,Flowtech headers,Pioneer lightweight 6" balancer, approx 10.8:1 compression,MSD 6AL,Accel supercoil (40,000 volt),MSD ProBillet distributor,solid motor and transmission mounts, 3" exhaust with Flowmaster Super40 series (TOO LOUD),saginaw 4sp, 255-60-15 tires on 15x8 wheels in rear,235-60-15 on 15x7 up front,soon to be a 4.10 gear ratio out back... more to come later..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

This is before i gutted the back and got antique tags for it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I finally figured out how to post a pic.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it totally wrong to put ALL your money into fixing your car, then scrape up change for groceries???

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
antihuman81 said:
Is it totally wrong to put ALL your money into fixing your car, then scrape up change for groceries???
That all depends, if your single, no children, not at all. If you have the responsability of supporting a wife and kids YES!!

I sold a numbers matching 68 SS L78 Chevelle to pay doctor bills for my son and I have never regretted it. Some htings are just more important than cars.

Your motor lacks color :) but it looks like you trimmed a few pounds off the car with it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was hoping that the "aluminum" paint would kinda make it look cheap so no-one would think it was much, but in person it looks way too good for that. I'll see if i can find a pic of the motor with the radiator and alternator, show the dual electric fans, all that jazz.... :) As far as the "funds" I'm not married but my fiance also wants to fix her car up, i was kinda joking on the "all my money" thing, but i do spend way to much on the ole car...... speaking of.... hoping to have the 4spd and a set of 4.10 gears in it soon, maybe a spool too, i dont care about drivability as long as it plants the 255-60-15s and runs....:hurray:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Top dead center, almost 0 deck height

My Fiance stripped and painted my headers for me, unfortunately the paint isnt lasting too well....

Moroso solid motor mounts and a nice speedpro forged aluminum piston

This was a few minutes before starting it i do believe..... almost 11 to 1 compression with open headers... at 11 p.m. during the week....
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/antihuman81/32ac433f.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doesnt everyone? :waving:

·
Registered
938 Posts
My wife would get angry if I had my Fiance strip and work in the garage with me!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! Once the old credit card is paid down again im thinking of ripping it appart and replacing the crank with a forged crank, not sure if im going to stroke it or not yet, but the biggie is the dual turbo setup that I REALLY REALLY WANT. I thought about running a thicker headgasket and maybe polish the chambers on the heads to lower the compression down and then throw 20lb of boost at it and see what it does... I know I'd need more fuel and alot better pump, along with many other things, but its something that id like to do as soon as possible....... I like the thought of 800 rear wheel horsepower..... or more.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.