Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3:10am, can't sleep. lotsa crap on my mind, oh well... that's the way it is. tried ta lay down a few hours ago and it just wouldn't work... got up ta have a smoke and was out so i went out to my truck ta get a pack... looked up in the sky... tonight there must be a Billion stars out. i'm in awe of the sight. whenever i see the stars i talk to my Lord. i see him there. at least that's what i feel... i see him everywhere, but mostly the stars. i've wanted to see them my whole life... anywho, i'm standin' in the driveway fer a half an hour, we talk, well mostly he listens and i talk... i tell the Lord what a beautiful sky he made and no joke, just then i saw a shooting star !!! first one i've ever seen !!! a beautiful finger of light flying across the sky, brighter than any star in the sky.

prolly a meteor bouncing off the atmosphere... but ta me i felt cool. fer the timing of the situation, i felt the Lord was tellin' me everything's OK and what he wants done will be done... made me feel OK.

just a ramble... thought i'd pass it along...

be Good ;D

the Shifty one :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
thats very cool John......its wonderful when the timing for things like that happens....:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coincidences i see too many, i feel so good when things like this happen. i think it's like a Hello i'm here thing. Yes, sometimes it's the smallest of things that are the largest.

i dunno, it's late, or early... Good Morning MISTER Wood :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think the "hello I'm here" things happen more often then we notice with our busy lives and being too self absorbed like people tend to be...if you can only notice the little things more often you would likely be able to hear better...if you get what I mean.......Good Morning to you too MISTER Olson:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm prolly sounding like an idiot... but i see lotsa little things. i see 'em so much i just can't take it as coincidence. what do they say... before ya cut the cards the Lord just might put the Ace right where ya cut ??? who's ta know ??? i drive around with no radio, it's racket in my ears, i try ta get peace and quiet... my brain is everywhere and i need ta settle down. i turn on the radio just ta get a break from my brain and a song starts the instant i tuirn it on... and it's a song that has a meaning for what i'm thinkin'... was it the DJ ??? it happens often enough, along with other things, i can't take as coincidence any more.

not ta say it freaks me out... but everytime it happens i feel kinda weird inside. feels good, but strange.

i wish it would happen more often...

have a cuppa coffee MISTER Wood ??? :D

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
John looking up into a clear night sky I stand in awe. I can not agree with the folks that think this universe was created by accident and we are just the result of the right combination of primordial ooze.
I was also up then, but didn't have time to reflect on life only the morning rush to get to my place of employment on time :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
prolly nuthin' as good as what i have ;)

how's the progress on the project ??? any news ???

i'm getting my perches welded in THIS Saturday... Man, i'm jazzed that it's finally happening. maybe i can get MY a$$ off the couch and get some stuff done.

Hi ta Mary ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well everything's been so lax lately that it's been taking a toll on me... makes it real rough having too much time on yer hands... i'm hopin' ta be able ta put in a few hours a day, i hope fer more but i'll play it by ear. got lots ta do ya know.

still haven't got the rear discs decided on yet... maybe i'll end up usin' what i have. sent that A$$ another e mail 'bout the disc plates, he never replied.

oh hey, lemme close here so i can talk there...

HA !!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
hey shifty when you head back to tucson we need to take you out to KIT PEAK observitory, telescope..if you take the tour at night they let you look through the high powered telescope..thats a kicker about tucson, its real dark for our 3 telescopes and the nights are always nice

hey phillip we got an 1" of rain and hail on the eastside..:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i've a telescope in my yard... my Daughter and i looked through it on many many occasions... used ta be a central item in my yard... till the wind threw it across the place... broken :(

so now it's a conversation piece... it was 'bout a hunnerd dollar 'scope, nuthin' special. i hope ta get a bigger one when i have the extra cash.

heck yeah, since my last trip there i realized you were close, missed ya last trip, i won't the next ;) maybe that would be cool...this observatory open year round ???

Philip bagged on me earlier on the phone about the weather, really, i didn't send it to ya !!! enjoy the car show Chuck :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
its open year round

i have a telescope thats not huge but it seams to work decent, if you have the patience for keeping up with the stars..LOL

i hardly ever use it, if you and your daughter would use it i would happy to give it to you guys..if you would like

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well that's very thoughtfull of ya and i thank you !!!

i've had quite a few telescopes... i have my eye on this one i can't afford right now... i think the last time i looked it was about 400 bucks. before i spend that kinda cash i'm gonna research and see what i can get.

yer statement about tracking... HA !!! don't i know it !!! by the time i get done looking and my Daughters ready, i have ta retarget...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if i had the cash, i dunno what size i'd need. but i wonder if the Space program's debris can be seen on the moon ???

!!! OR the face on Mars !!! :D

naw, that'd take one them Hubble types ;)

i wonder how much they want fer one a those models of 'scopes !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts