Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new here
im 16 and i want to buy a nova
theres a 69 ss for $4900
is it worth it???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can you give more info on it? How is the body? Any rust? Is the drivetrain solid? Is it driveable now? Pictures would help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As TDWZ28 said, need a lot more info to answer that question.
Besides the questions already asked...
What is the vin?
How do they verify it is a SS?
Is there any paperwork, original bill of sale, p.o.p., build sheet?
What engine and trans is in it?
How is the interior?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've bought parts cars for as little as $100.00. I've seen finished cars go for 50K or better. I've seen cars that are rare and in no better condition than one of my $100.00 parts cars go for 10K or better. With all this in mind the details become very important when determining the value of the car. Also you have to take a look at what skill set you have available as to if the project is viable to you. Do you or someone who is willing to help you out know how to do major body panel replacement or not. How mechanically inclined are you or do you have someone who is going to help you out in that area. When I was 16 I didn't even know how to use body filler, but I could do a top end rebuild on a small block chevy V8 no problem since I'd always had my nose up my grandfathers rear and he was a GM mechanic for 35 years. Other options if you don't have the skills available are paying money to have a professional do it, but that can get expensive and cause a whole new set of heart aches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 69 nova ss
automatic v8
new tires
18" aluminium wheels
power braking &steering
dual exhaust
fliudmaster

the owner has all the paperwork