Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have just picked up my newest addition, A documented L78 Nova! Of course the engine is non matching, but the Protect o plate clearly states all of the vitals. I think it is a pretty rare car. It has a 66 396 solid lifter engine in it, WHOA!!!!! It's ALOT of fun!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has input to the value of these cars, or anything else worthy of discussion pertaining to the 1970 L78 cars, I'd be very interested to hear from you.

thanks Team Nova Tim

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
benjerry said:
Hi everyone, I have just picked up my newest addition, A documented L78 Nova! Of course the engine is non matching, but the Protect o plate clearly states all of the vitals. I think it is a pretty rare car. It has a 66 396 solid lifter engine in it, WHOA!!!!! It's ALOT of fun!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has input to the value of these cars, or anything else worthy of discussion pertaining to the 1970 L78 cars, I'd be very interested to hear from you.

thanks Team Nova Tim
sounds like a fun car.....congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Site:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I have been looking and looking for a decent Nova, settled on and bought a nice original 1970 6 cylinder car to build up, and the L78 came up out of the blue! The owner had so many calls on the car that he got very frustrated and stopped returning calls, he was not a car buff at all, but a great guy indeed.

A very interesting point to mention, when the guy I bought the car from bought it, he bought it just as a big block Nova and loved the car, after owning it, he was doing some things to the interior, pulled the front carpet back, and found the Protecto plate underneath, below the glove box area. He could not make any sense of it and contacted Nova Resource, they gave him the good news! He also spoke to the original owner's wife about the car in West Virginia. That protecto plate must have been there for over 30 years!

Now I have 2 Novas, I think I am going to sell the 6 cylinder car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts