Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
No the 73 and 74 hoods are the same. The later hoods wrap over more or less I don't remember. I am sure they will not directly interchange.

·
Registered
490 Posts
YDR,
Yes the Hood will Line up to the Fenders.The 73-74 Hood seem to be Higher at the Peak.The first time I seen it I thought the Hood had been Repaired.I have seen it now a Few times and have a Car here with the Problem.
Joe

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yenco,
Yes that is it.I can take a Picture if you want.The Hood does not look to have been Repaired.
Joe

·
Registered
490 Posts
One more thing,I did not put the Hood on any of the Cars I seen,I wonder if it could have something to do with the Moulding Holes not letting the Moulding line up?Will post Pic.
Joe

·
Registered
490 Posts
The White one has the 74 Hood.The Camera is not showing it well but the Gap is wider at the Center of the Hood then the ends.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm, that is interesting. Logic would also suggest that the '73 grill has a more pronounced angle at the centerline as well?

Just ram the hood into a wall Mike, that'll push it in a little!
M

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yenco,
I think with work one could get the Hood to Line up,and maybe they are not all like that.If I had not seen more like this I would think there were something wrong with the Hood.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I remembered before I bought this Car it had a 74 Hood on it,so here is a Picture.In this Picture the Gap looks wide but even.Looks to have the 74 Moulding?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts