Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals! We are a new sponsor here at Team Nova and look forward to helping out and making new friends. :thumbsup:

G

·
Welcome to ya Jeff, quite a few guys have TKO's, quite a few ask questions too. it'll be nice having a rep to help answer questions. we appreciate your being here, again, Welcome to ya :beers:

JR

·
Super Moderator
17,540 Posts
Welcome to the Team Jeff!

Might want to start with a little treatise on the difference in torque rating between T-5 and a T-56 or TKO. Might help sell some T500 or T600 boxes.

Big Dave

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the Team Jeff!

Might want to start with a little treatise on the difference in torque rating between T-5 and a T-56 or TKO. Might help sell some T500 or T600 boxes.

Big Dave
I won`t bore anybody with a sales pitch or useless trivia, here you go!

T-5 is good for 175-300 ft lbs depending on model and gearing

T-45 in stock form is good for 325 ft lbs, Keisler 26 spline RS version good for 425 ft lbs *Keisler exclusive*

T-56 is good for 330-550 ft lbs depending on model and gearing

TKO 500 is good for 500 ft lbs continuous input

TKO 600 is good for 600 ft lbs continuous input

www.keisler.com http://ttcautomotive.com/English/products/tremec.asp

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to our team! Looks like you will be able to help out alot and answer most Q's. I dont know much about trannys but I work on my nova as much as I can with my husband-even helped put the engine in while 8 months pregnant!Love the sound of a really fast car-cannot wait for the gasser to b finished:hurray:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to our team! Looks like you will be able to help out alot and answer most Q's. I dont know much about trannys but I work on my nova as much as I can with my husband-even helped put the engine in while 8 months pregnant!Love the sound of a really fast car-cannot wait for the gasser to b finished:hurray:
Awesome! Can you call my wife and talk to her about cars and what she is missing out on? Her number is......:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome! Can you call my wife and talk to her about cars and what she is missing out on? Her number is......:D

Id be glad too! I really enjoy working out there with my man and am not afraid to get dirty.I think my man is pretty lucky too have me out there-we are the best of friends too:yes:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Id be glad too! I really enjoy working out there with my man and am not afraid to get dirty.I think my man is pretty lucky too have me out there-we are the best of friends too:yes:
So what was your single sisters name and telephone number again?!?:p:)

John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Jeff. :waving: Welcome. I may have a few questions about the TKO600 in a few months. I am planning on purchasing one for my B-body. Enjoy your stay.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Jeff
I've had my TKO 600 now going on three years.
Great investment.
Any new fixes or upgrades since my purchase?
Nope. Tremec modified the shift lugs ABOUT 3 years ago but really no way to tell if yours is the newer or older design. They are polished now for easier shifting but I would say yours have polished themselves now after 3 years. :D Glad you are pleased!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright welcome to the team jeff i have a bunch of questions for you ..........^^^^^ that up there is funny l:)l:)
My fees are cheap, just email me, call me or pm me. I will get emails a lot faster if you are in a hurry though. Be happy to help! OR, if it would be beneficial to others you can ask me right here!

·
Registered
797 Posts
ok i want would like to install either the tko 500 or 600 im wounding how much hp will they take and would i be able to powershift them without any worries i will be using them for mostly drag racing in my 64 nova unless some one buys it i understand that the 500 is capable of holding 500ftlbs and the 600 is capable of holding 600ft lbs is this the minimum or can i throw more at it can they withstand the abuse from drag racing

1 - 20 of 32 Posts