Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forum, I'm 20 and have a 1973 Nova SS. I bought it a few months back less motor. I got a 383 I'm gonna drop in it. It has a turbo 350 trans, gm 10 bolt 4.10 gears with posi. nothing special, but for my first muscle car that I bought with my own money and work on with my spare time it's alot of fun. And in speakin of money I'm a tech in a GMC dealership, so money isn't something thats rollin in. My question is about brake set ups. The nova has manual brakes, which is cool but if i'm gonna trap at like 115 I wanna know I'm gonna stop when I hit the brakes. Now I wanna do pretty much everything new because I don't want any issues. I have front disc, drum rear. Just wonderin if anyone knows of any kits that have master cylinder, lines, dics, calipers etc. the rear I'm done with just sorta wondering if there's any complete brake kits out there on the cheap for novas. any help would be great

·
Registered
14 Posts
if this helps...i used to run 10.50s @125 with 4 wheel drums. but that was pushing it. if you got disc/drum you should be ok as long as everything works right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey 1badnova, yea my buddy has a 66 chevelle with 4 wheel drum and runs mid-high 10's all day. my only thought was if a caliper seized or what have you from sitting. the wheel cylinders in the rear where leaking but i replaced them. i'm gonna throw the rotors and calipers together and see what she does.what ya combo are you running in your nova to be in the mid 10's?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I would atleast upgrade to a wilwood tandum m/c..as long as you have enough pedal leverage these will work far better than a stock m/c

·
Registered
627 Posts
longer piston stroke and way better fluid distribution..its not just it being a tandum m/c its a real nice upgrade piece from wilwood..a few freinds of mine have these non power m/c on there cars and they are money! and whats real trick is you can plumb them on either side and they look cool.lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.