Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening Team Nova!!!!!!!! :waving: New member to this web site. I was turned on to this site by other members of Team Camaro. Net. I'm sure this site will be as productive and informative as the TC site. I don't own a Nova but a 67 Camaro SS non numbers matching. As most of you know, the drive trains to the First Generation Camaro and the 65-68 Novas are interchangable as well as some of the brake systems. I hope to pick alot of your brains to get info regarding both the Novas and Camaros.

dab67

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ummm, dab, I think you mean theyre the same as 3rd gen Novas (68-74) :thumbsup: A lotta stuff interchanges between 1st gen F-bodies and 3rd gen X-bodies. The subframe and almost everything attatched to it is the same, the firewalls of at least a 74 is identical to the F-bodies, Im not sure about 68-73...I would assume theyre the same. And the cowls are identical as well ;)

P.S. Welcome aboard! :clonk:

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Welcome to the board. :hurray:

Basically every part GM could think of is the same or 3/4" longer (such as the tail pipe) to use the same part as the Camaro since they shared development and production facilities. I personally have always thought of the '68-'73 Nova as a 3/4" longer wheel base Camaro with better head room (windshield angle is more up right). Sharing the performance without the higher insurance (at least back in the days of muscle cars anyway).

Big Dave

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I put a roll cage in my 77 SS Nova. I sold the car to my 63 year old Dad. He gets disgusted with me becuase most of my cars have a rollcage and headers. He tried to get in the car once before he cut the driver's side elbow bar. Then a few months later I bought it back. I kinda like not fighting to get in over the bar. I think I'll hinge that side. I like cars I can get in and out of , too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts