Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 66 chevy II sedan that I have put a TCI front frame on. I now am having trouble finding headers. The engine builder is saying I need to use 1 7/8 with adapter plates on the heads.

All the traditonal makers are not able to help. Has anyone had the TCI frame and what headers did you use? If you used 1 3/4 tell me. I may have to sacrifice 1/8 of primary.

I'd rather not use fendr well versions.

Larry

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Before I started using adapter plates I would have a custom set of pipes welded up (which is never a bad idea, just an expensive one). The advantages of a custom exhaust besides a great fit is equal length tubes tuned to your power curve. That are also the correct length for your displacement and power curve.

Big Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comment Dave. I probably did clearly explain what I was up to. The adapter plates are necessary because the 1 7/8 primaries are too big for the stock port bolt pattern.

Locally there are no options for custom headers as I have considered that option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I heard that these Headmans fit with the TCI front clip (HED-68168). I plan to try them with my 64. Summit sells them and if they do not fit summit is real good with returns. I plan to get them next month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts