Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1977 basic hatchback. The hazard flashers are stuck on! I cannot get them to shut off. Have pulled, pushed, turned, jiggled etc & cannot get them to stop flashing short of pulling the fuse.
Also now when I step on the brake my left hand turn signal indicator in the dash lights up! (Even with no flasher unit plugged) There has to be a simple solution but I just cant see it at the moment. Please help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know if its broken. it doesn't seem like it. You would think you would pull to turn on & push to turn off. I dont even really know how I turned them on in the first place. Could have bumped with my head when I was messing with the stereo wiring.
The actual knob has a sleeve that turns all the way around. The knob itself turns in all directions and pulls out. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
The inner button pushes in to turn the hazards on and you pull on the outer sleeve to turn them off. Just pull straight out until it clicks and the lights go off.
With the hazard switch engaged and the flasher removed every time you step on the brakes the turn signal indicators will light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts