Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on Steves so Many here Have already Seen it.Just trying to Make some Post to liven this Place up.The GoodMark Pans fit the 3rd Gen Cars Great.Nightshade is a Great Goodmark Distributor.
Joe

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
SS 396 said:
I posted this on Steves so Many here Have already Seen it.Just trying to Make some Post to liven this Place up.The GoodMark Pans fit the 3rd Gen Cars Great.Nightshade is a Great Goodmark Distributor.
Joe
Man Joe you do awsome work...:cool:...and ditto on the Shade;)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
NIGHTSHADE said:
Whose this Shade character? I hear that he's a putz!!!!!:p
Well at least thats what Shifty4 says:waving: ;)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Nova_Guy said:
That shifter hole is going to need some work. The hole in my car was so big you could crawl through it.
Well a shifter hole like that does make inspecting the tranny while your driving the car much easier :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well a shifter hole like that does make inspecting the tranny while your driving the car much easier
That is true and adjusting the shift rods sitting in the front seat was easier than crawling under tha car. The downside manual transmissions do get hot. Resting your elbow on the tailshaft; allthough convenient was a bit uncomfortable on 110 degree in July on a 2 hour road trip.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys.
Nova Guy,
Trust Me Buddy,I have been doing this a long time.The Console Hump More than Covers that Hole.
Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
NIGHTSHADE said:
I got a pair for my '62, I can only dream of doing half as good of a job putting them in.

Looks great Joe!!

Whose this Shade character? I hear that he's a putz!!!!!:p
Hey guys, I got to do both right and left side on my 66 and I have been looking at these new full pans that include the entire front, rear, hump and all. Any recomendations for or against these? They seem like they would make the job easier, especially since I am fairly dangerous with a welder!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the Whole Floor were avaible for the 3rd Gens,that is the way I would go.
To Me it is a Better Repair.
Joe

·
Registered
606 Posts
gota66 said:
Hey guys, I got to do both right and left side on my 66 and I have been looking at these new full pans that include the entire front, rear, hump and all. Any recomendations for or against these? They seem like they would make the job easier, especially since I am fairly dangerous with a welder!
Depends on the condition of your hump and toe boards, the full pan has the hump and no toe boards. While the half pans have toe boards and no hump.

Price and shipping is a big differance between the two also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is A pic of the 68. The pans are almost done in the pic but now are complete. I used the goodmark pans and everything worked out well considering I am A novice at this type of work.. It is full of "Gorilla Welds" which means they are strong and ugly.......

Tommy

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tommy,
Good to Hear from you.Strong is Good.Glad it worked out well for you.
Joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am more than satisfied with it Joe. I now have it sealed top and bottom and the floor plugs are in. The trunk is done now also, I stripped,cleaned and used the Por15 in the trunk. The spatter paint looks great and I sprayed the clear over that. I'll have some pics soon. Thanks for the help by the way. I used the 3M urethane seam sealer on most of the pans but did use the Fast n Firm on the pan plugs.

Tommy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts