Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm T.J. From East Dubuque, Illinois. I have a 1975 Chevy nova custom hatchback. I have had the car since 1996. The plan is to take out the 250 6 cylinder and put a 350 that was built for a stock car into it. I am hoping to pair the 350 up with a 700r4 transmission. I have helped swap a few engines but never done one on my own. If anybody has any pointers or helpful suggestions I would appreciate it. My budget looks to be $1000.00. With the engine and transmission already owned I hope it comes close to budget. I hope to get some great ideas. Thanks..

·
Administrator
9,472 Posts
Should be able to do within budget. You will need the correct brackets for the motor mounts that bolt to the block. Summit sells some that will work, part number OER-332648. I used the 6 cylinder throttle cable when I swapped engines, just had to buy an after market adjustable bracket to mount it on the V8.

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
Welcome to the Team Thomas!

I might point out that if you are going to run mufflers and drive the car on the street that a set of 2-1/2 inch Ram's Horn exhaust manifolds combined with a 2-1/2 inch exhaust pipes with mufflers will stay toe to toe with headers running through mufflers all the way to 4,600 RPM. Above that RPM the headers made a difference (small at first but gradually adding up to 25 horsepower at 7,400 RPM). Keep in mind that all of those cool Corvettes you may have drooled over and admired pulling away from you at the light uses cast iron mufflers and not tube headers from the factory. That will save you a bucket of money.

Put the money you save on headers into an aluminum radiator as you will need a bigger one than provided with the six banger.

Big Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.