Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, well... no perches yet... the guy was supposed ta be here yesterday and that didn't work out, kinda bugs me, but i'm rollin' with it... talked to him today, we're scheduled for Monday in the AM, we'll see...

after the perches are done i'll get the differential installed along with brake and fuel lines... gas tank too...

wondering what you guys like for an electric fuel pump and filtration set up i was looking at the Fram HPG-1 filter and the Holley pump/regulator kit 12-802-1 (blue pump)

i have a 3/8 sender & line...

any thoughts ???

·
Registered
107 Posts
John, you'll need to size your fuel system based on what your setup requires, not based on what we tell you :) The rule of thumb that Century Peformance uses it pretty accurate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, i have that link saved, i'll check it out...

i wanna keep it all real simple and dependable.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have to agree with Philip on the orange box filter. IMO they are just an economy filter for people who don't know any better. I am sure that you are not one of those people!! At least do a little research on what flows best, and offers the best filtration. You don't want the flyer sucking dirt!!

Randy (JMO though!!);)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the Fram unit's basically a housing with an element... Wix doesn't show a "Unit" only an element (according to online catalog)... for the FRAM housing... i'm figgering the same filter element would be available from K&N too...

i sold A/C filters, Wix, Purolator and Fram amongst others for years... what's the grudge about Fram ???

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know about their fuel filters, but their oil filters have the largest micron filtration of filters that have been tested. As I recall, AC and Wix were about the same, with the smallest micron filtration. It is prolly long gone now, but there was a thread about the oil filters on Steve's long ago.

I don't see them making better quality fuel filters than oil filters.

Randy (there is a lab dissection website out there somewhere):)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, thanks... ta be honest i'm not sweating "any" microns... with a new tank, lines etc etc etc... it's not gonna be a big worry for a while...

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
SHIFTY4 said:
well, thanks... ta be honest i'm not sweating "any" microns... with a new tank, lines etc etc etc... it's not gonna be a big worry for a while...
Not that you would ever make anyone mad enough at you to add some dirt to the tank, huh, not ol lovable Johnny.

·
Administrator
9,468 Posts
Yeah I heard about the desert on Court TV. Several bodies just showing up :eek:
Well I have to take the kids dead Firebird to Phoenix right now for repairs. The guy that thought putting a distributor behind a water pump was a good idea needs to tortured. Keep the troops in line while I am gone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.