Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im going to put a completly new fuel system in my 72 nova. Its a mild 355ci with a 750 sean murphy induction double pumper and I am going to use a mechanical pump. Probablly a edelbrock 110GPH that does not require a regulator.
Im going with a stock replacement tank and stainless braided lines instead of pre-bent ones. I want to do a pre pump filter as well as a post pump one.
Question: What size of micron filters should I use on each end? I see ones for 100 microns down to 10 microns. I dont even know what is smaller of a particle 100m or 10m? Does anyone recommend a filter such as the Fram or Mallory that look like they have a 'spin off' filter? So theres my dumb question of the day:)

All input is always welcome and if you have any past experiances with these subjects feel free to add your build or pics! Thanks alot guys!
-Jesse

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
The 100 micron filter goes before the pump and the 10 micron fiberglass (should not be paper with gas-o-hol) filter goes between the pump and the carb.

A hole that is 100 microns in size is ten times as big as the size of a 10 micron hole. One strains the gas to protect the pump the other filters it to keep grit out of your carb's circuits and the motor.

Big Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave, Ill go with the 100 and 10 system you explained. Im thinking AN-8 should be fine....or should i go -10? And do you think 20' of line will be enough?

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
You only need the heavy stainless steel hose at the end of the line where the motor is as it moves with standard motor mounts. The rest of the line can be light weight aluminum tubing firmly bolted to the frame. I use half inch tubing for the feed and 3/8th inch for the return line with AN-10 flex at the motor to feed it and AN-8 on the return line.

Big Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.