Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar

so my fuel is getting too hot in the line and causing me ta stall out when just driving down the street? I recently added the glass filter just ta see and it doesn’t bubble until it gets up ta temp at like 190 degrees? I’ve just replaced the fuel pump, the thermostat and the fan sensor, I also added a heat shield under the carb and not sure what todo next?! Any suggestions or Help? Thank you

·
Registered
37 Posts
What kind of tank & fuel system are you running? Stock or aftermarket tank? Is the tank of gas cap vented? carb type & CFM? Fuel PSI? What motor set up? What motor manifold & carb set up?. 1 last thought. Your rubber lines are they possibly collapsing the e85 does a job on the regular rubber hoses.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What kind of tank & fuel system are you running? Stock or aftermarket tank? Is the tank of gas cap vented? carb type & CFM? Fuel PSI? What motor set up? What motor manifold & carb set up?. 1 last thought. Your rubber lines are they possibly collapsing the e85 does a job on the regular rubber hoses.
lf you don't answer i can't help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think my 1977 is having this issue. 5.7L 350, 4 barrel Rochester carb. It Reeks of gas, and after about 20 minutes of driving it starts to sputter and won’t shift up. If I stop and don’t put it in neutral it does and won’t start again for several hours. But let it sit over night and it acts like nothing happened other than smelling like gas.

i thought it was the radiator leak, but I fixed that. Now it’s dying while full of coolant so it’s gotta be the gassmell. I thought it was just running rich but I guess not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts