Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 nova and i was told that any 69 to 74 nova parts will work !

well the front windows pilard cover that go from the dash pad to the head liner is hard find...

a 68 will not fit that's kool i understand but a 70 71 72 74 will not work to

is a 69 a special year for that parts ? thank you

alain

·
Registered
627 Posts
i dont understand. are you trying to fit a certain year a-pillar and are having trouble??

68 is a one year only car but 69-72 a & b pillars are the same..73-74 are different i think they are wider

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
Just think of the new 1970 second generation Camaro that didn't happen until '70 and a half (it was held up by a UAW strike, which proceeded a production change) there are a lot of '69 Camaro's running around with '70 titles.

I'd check that '69 build date to see exactly when it came down the line. The General when making revisions to the product line used up all of the existing parts before using the new ones. Depending upon when it was built that '69 may still have '68 parts in it.

Big Dave

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have a pair of 69 A and B pillars that fit well in my 72. Now the A and B pillars from my 74 parts car are completely different and will not work. Once I get them all stripped out I'll look into selling them. From what I've always understood 69-72 Nova parts interchange well with the exception of the external lighting. 68-69 use the same external lighting, but have several interior differences. When you get into the 73-74 Nova suspension parts interchange with 68-72 Nova, but only a very few interior parts and with the exception of front fenders and some molding nothing else crosses from the exterior.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Make sure you get 2dr a pillars. 4dr a pillars are about 1.5" longer. The winsheild is taller also the back window is different not many people realize this. As long as you stay with 2dr 69-72 should fit fine.

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts