Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i f'ed up everything.....left horn relay disconnected... hooked everything back up... no start.... Figured battery died again.. so my dumb ass crossed the terminals from the charger..... F#€&......took a breath back after the zap I got... disconnected battery looked everything over.....re connected horn relay.... connected battery back up and it turns over but wont start... WTF did I do?.. coil? Alt?

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Well, something happened if it was running before you did all this stuff, backtrack all your steps since it was running last. BTW, fuel is getting into the engine, right??

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
All the neutral switch does is prevents you from starting the car in gear, but you said it cranks over so the switch works, when you pump the carb any fuel going into the engine?

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Well, if you have fuel going into the engine and good spark it should start, that means you have other issues with the engine, how long has it been since it ran?

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Check for loose distributor, is it an old engine? maybe timing chain is stretched out and skipped a tooth or so when it was shut off the last time? need to check everything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts