Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Any word on that core support? That thing is pretty!

I talked to Ed last night. He said the name of the company is "Mars", (Not March). I did a search on the internet but have had no luck locating them. I may have an invoice, as I will try to look this weekend.

He is coming up this weekend or early next week, and we are gonna grind and try to get a bunch of assembly knocked out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Okay, The core support comes from "Martz Chassis", from Bedford Pa. Looks like they have some neat projects on their website.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Well.. Starting to see some progress on the ole-doose. Been a long hard haul, but things are starting to finally "fit". Putting a big-block in a Heidts Equipped chassis hasn't gone as smoothly as I hoped, and seems like nobody else has done it, or has a fix for any of the issues. Hopefully the engine and 4L80E are in to stay.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
I'll see your Very and raise you!

Very, Very nice! A true work of art. Shame you couldn't shove that big block back another foot or so to get some of the weight off the nose.

Big Dave

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Brakes : Check
Steering : Check
Engine : Check
Transmission : Check

Looks to be ready to go back to the body shop for some additional work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Well,

For those of you thinking I abandoned this project, It has been moving right along. Slowly, but moving right along. Most of the underhood issues have been addressed and a plan is in place for everything except the radiator, which will be sorted out very soon. Now for the part everybody would rather see than this text.... a few photos.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Well. We went back and forth on this for a bit, and finally decided that painting the core support body color was the way to go. Looks like we will be bolting the front clip on for the final time (at least during this assembly).

I think Ed made the right decision here. Looks more finished to me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Thanks all,

Well, nose is buttoned up, 'cept for headlights, and the glass is in. Coming down the home stretch....

Instrument cluster / dash is nearing completion as well....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Jeff,

Sorry... Just in time to get my '57 in there. It is supposed to leave this week. Someone else is going to finish this one up. I just don't have enough to finish it before it leaves.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
John I don't know how you could part with anything so beautiful.

I drove my old cars until the itch to build something faster got to me before I sold mine. But they never looked as good as yours (they where lucky to have just one color of rattle can primer on the body).

Big Dave

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 · (Edited)
Thanks Dave,

I actually have been building this one for a friend of mine. I have sold several cars that I built though, just to finance the next project. I am now building an incredible '57 Belair for myself right now, also....

So that is where my Camaro money is going...

John

121 - 140 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.