Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Thanks Art, Marc,

The color is PPG Radiance Orange Glow Candy over Sterling Silver. It is, well, it is very bold to say the least. Haven't seen it in direct sunlight yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Time to start cleaning, doing some finish buffing where the shop came up short, and then start assembly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Thanks Guys. Well, the fun has begun. I sent the happy owner in with a cleaning rag and he hasn't stopped smiling.

Now we are at the phase I like to refer to as the fun stuff, as well. Time to polish off the body shop's sins and try to get it assembled. This Heidts suspension on this car really is a trick set up. Can't wait to drive this car for the first time.

A little "Cold-Turkey" treatment to start of the interior build. (Wild Turkey comes after the fact)

Once the wiring is routed through most of the interior and trunk, It is time to start mounting the A/C box and firewall related items.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Still working on fitting front sheetmetal, running brake and fuel lines, and installing brakes. We should have done most of this prior to painting, but ran out of time.

Fitting the front cross member first. This is an item that came with the core support, after the car was already in the paint shop. Once properly fit, I will have it powder-coated prior to installation.

Next I fit the aluminum core support that Ed purchased. Placement is critical as it pretty much needs to land in the same location as the original.

The next step is to fit the sheetmetal inner fenders. These require a bit of trimming to fit neatly against the core support, which I have marked. I will trim once they are removed and retest for fit.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
I was reading about it in the new products section of the car mags. It was in Car Craft or Hot Rod I believe (or Popular Hotrodding or Super Chevy I really can not recall as I read them all). Because my memory is like a steel trap (mostly air) I can not remember where I read it or who made it, but I thought it was neat when I read about it. (I just wish the made one for a 1977 Nova instead of wasting their time on the unpopular 1966 Chevy II). :noway: :bs:

Big Dave

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I would be more than happy to tell you where it was purchased, but unfortunately while I was trying to deal with a clogged water closet in the home last evening, I unwittingly inserted my personal communication device in Captain Swirly, so I am out of touch with the owner.....for the time being.

Looks like a trip to the AT&T store on the way home from work.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Heh Heh... Yeah. Dried it out with a credit card. I need to call the owner.
I am wanting to remake the inner fenders of aluminum, and I need to get his blessing to do so, so I will try to reach him today.

I will try to get that info today.

Any know of a really trick set of Billet hood hinges made for this application. I would love to see him change those out.

This front sheetmetal has been a bear! Aftermarket front subframe, inner fenders, and core support. I almost wish none of the holes were pre-drilled so that I could locate everything else myself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
John, the car is looking really good. I may have missed it in your thread,but are you building this for someone? Just checked eddie motorsports .com for hinges, they start at 495.00. hope this helps
marc

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Marc, Jeff,

Thanks for the info on the hinges. Nice parts!!! I think that would up the game a bit on this car, considering some of the nice items he already has to install. I need to talk him into letting me refabricate the inner fenders in aluminum. I think would look better than trying to paint them body color, and not matching....especially since he is going to want the aluminum core support left unpainted.

Yes, I am building this car for a friend. I usually do one for someone else about every other year or so. Between working a full-time+ day job, work in the shop, bass fishing when possible, and trying to be a dad and husband, I just don't have time to do much more than that.

For some reason, my wife seems to think that I should keep a remodeling project in the house and yard work up as well.......

Honey, if you are reading this.... for the record, I could never keep up with what you accomplish in a day!

101 - 120 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.