Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Camaro forum too........

Well,

I got the CalTracs and Split mono’s all done yesterday early, so I went ahead and raced. I really needed new slicks, but I thought I let all the parts get happy together. And I figured it would work ok, and that I’d be able to get the preload set etc.
1st run…blow the tires off.
2nd run…I set the front shocks full loose……blew the tires off.
3rd run…..out of the blue it lays down a 1.48 60ft and runs a 6.50 (1/8mile)
4th run…..spun hard (1.57) but got the win.
5th run……..spun harder
6th run……….spun harder
7th run…………do I need to say it?
8th run……SOS
9th run….and this would the miracle finals…..ran a 7 flat on a 6.69 dial…….wasn’t even in the race.

So, I’m puzzled. I had higher expectations. What I took off was working better.
I hope the new slicks make a huge difference!
But I’m wondering if something is wrong at the front end of the car now.

Ron

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DriveWFO said:
I need to see a video of how your car is launching. Can you post a link to one if ya have one to watch?
I only have video of how it launched before.
Last night....exept for the one run...it lit the tires at the hit.......

·
Registered
107 Posts
498Ron said:
Ok. I would just be throwing darts without seeing a recent video. The first movement you should see is the front-end should begin to rise BEFORE the car moves forward.

Also, maybe post yer question over on DragStuff.com. Several guys there have LOTS of passes with Caltracs. John will probably ask ya for a vid though too :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
498Ron said:
Yeah guys,still reccomending ya chat with John at www.dragstuff.com .He deals a lot with the pro mod guys. As you are stalling up at launch, the rear of your car should start coming up,means your planting the tires,but need the center line of your car defined as well. John ended up installing one of those trick rear sway bars to improve rear shock control as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Ron,

Do you make it out for the Late night drags at PIR? If so, what color is your car? I can see if I can get my brother to video it if you want.

Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Repointer said:
Hey Ron,

Do you make it out for the Late night drags at PIR? If so, what color is your car? I can see if I can get my brother to video it if you want.

Chris
Chris.....yes I do!
Nice to meet you!

For the folks.......I changed the tires to Hoosier 9x30 radial slicks....added Moroso trick front springs and set the CalTracs to the top hole and,,,,,,

Ran a world record 10.04 @ 133!
6.35 1/8 mile @ 107!
Improvement of .16 seconds!

On what others said was a crap track...I ran between 1.43 and 1.41 60ft times.

I'm stunned....really.

Hopefully Chris will post the video......

Ron

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats, glad to hear you got it figured out.

Doug,
If your buddy has problems with Cal-Tracs tell him to call them. They are very helpful and helped me get them set-up right away and I've had great success with them thus far.

Derek

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Repointer said:
Here is the video Ron. Nice to meet you also. I also posted a link to the other site where I posted it.

Thanks for the video!
Looks about the same as it did previously, but it does ger seperation in the rear and it doesn't spin!

Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts