Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd drive the car and park it, no leak....... sometimes next day or even 2 still no leak..... then a small puddle on the floor.
Re sealed the pan, speedo housing, tail shaft gasket, output seal, shift shaft seal..... still doing it and it wasn't the dipstick tube or front seal or pump seal, always seemed like the pan still because the fluid would leak down to the pan rail and run along from there.
Seems that when sitting after a while the converter will drain back to the tranny and creates an over full condition.
Then I finally found it, the through case connector for the electric kickdown.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK well just finished removing the case connector, managed to pry it out with a screw driver (just kept working it) and installed the plug,I did it from the outside without removing the pan.
Now wait and see if that was it for sure:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leak has been FIXED!!!
Feels like it took forever to find but it's done now, the plug worked great! If you are not using the kick down I'd recommend it, but I would imagine a new o ring or new connector and o ring would be just as good.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
7,383 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed, but yeah all you needed was a new o-ring, but if the kick down isn't gonna be used a plug is a the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts