Chevrolet Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the piece of fiberglass called that goes under the trunk lid and above the bumper? For the most part my car looks really good as far as the body and paint. However, this piece is in pretty rough shape. I was wondering if I could get a replacement piece for it. I don?t know if it would hold up well to being repainted.

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
It is a filler panel and it is made of flexible thermoset polyurethane plastic not fiberglass. Unfortunately they are not available as a service part. I have not seen them reproduced as a flexible part. Your only hope would be a NOS part or a quality used one from the frigid north (as unlike metal parts from the desert southwest Latitude is what you need to get as far from the sun's damaging rays).

This company makes a fiberglass (rigid) replacement parts for 1973-'74 Novas. Similar parts are available for 1975-'79 Nova's as well.

Big Dave

·
Premium Member
17,540 Posts
I can offer no advise as I have never seen the product. There are 46 people watching but not buying as of yet. Wonder why?

Big Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s because there’s multiple available. They’ve actually already sold 21 of them. I’m probably gonna take a chance on it. I see in their recent feedback where somebody bought one and seemed satisfied with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd say go for it bud! These new replacement parts are more durable than the originals and will improve the looks greatly. I'd say make sure there are flex additives in the paint when painting it.
Also there are two companies currently reproducing these filler panels. The one here on Ebay is a two-piece application and the one Classic Industries offers is the stock replacement part single application. The end caps are sold separately as well. Either one will serve it's purpose. Good luck and when you get it on post some pics if you can of the results. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.