Chevrolet Nova Forum banner

Fiber glass parts for 3rd gen!

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Gloryhound 
#1 ·
Hey all I have some fiber glass parts that I picked up thinking I may go that route, but have pretty much eliminated it.

To start with I have both the front and rear bumpers in fiberglass never used, they just have a little dirt built up on them. Each one weighs in at 3 lbs (you want to talk about saving some weight)
These are 68-72, but it says can be made to work on 73-74 as well. Each one is for sale at $75.00 or if you want them both you can have them for $140.00 both.

The second thing I have is a pair of front fiberglass fenders. Each one weighs about 8 lbs which is a lot less than steel. One of them have a couple of the mounting holes drilled. The other one is in brand new condition other than the dirt. These are available as a pair for $175.00 (These go for almost $200 a piece)

Additionally I have a passenger side steel quarter skin for 70 to 72 Novas. has a couple scratches in the EDP coating. $75.00 for it!

#4 ·
I can get a picture tonight if you need one but it is the typical skin shown here at ground up.
[URL="http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Nova&Product_Code=RQS-X68R&Category_Code=QUARTERPANELS"]http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Nova&Product_Code=RQS-X68R&Category_Code=QUARTERPANELS[/URL]

As far as it fitting a 68 goes. The short answer is it can be made to fit. The panel is the same except for the marker light opening is for a larger marker light and would need some patch work in that area.

In all honesty looking at where you are located though I don't think the cost of shipping this and the little additional fab work the marker light area will need would be worth the overall cost. You could probably look for a local Good Mark dealer and get the correct one for ten or twenty bucks more than what it would cost for this panel + the cost of shipping. Only way it may work is if you were up this way for some other reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.